Diagnostic Radiology is the one of the most common and widely available diagnostic imaging techniques, and one of the oldest forms of medical imaging. An X-ray is actually an electromagnetic beam that is aimed through your body to a piece of film behind it. The resulting image allows your doctor to help narrow the causes of an injury or illness and ensure that the diagnosis is accurate.
At AOI, we have a multitude of X-ray capabilities. Even if you require more sophisticated tests, you will probably get an X-ray first. Most X-ray procedures do not require any advanced patient preparation. Our team of highly skilled healthcare professionals uses state-of-the-art technology to meet your medical needs.
Common X-Ray Uses:
- Bone Cancer
- Diagnosis of Diseases
- Medical and Surgical Treatment Planning
- Monitor Therapy
- See The Effect of a Treatment Method
- View an Area Experiencing Pain
How to Prepare for an X-Ray:
- Wear Loose, Comfortable Clothing.
- Tell Your Doctor If You Have Any Metal Implants from Prior Surgeries
- Remove Jewelry
- Remove Any Metallic Items from Your Body
- Remove Eyeglasses
- Change into A Gown (If Needed)